Vision without action is a daydream
Optimizes Imaging and Healthcare IT Technologies
Promotion of Heidelberg Engineering, a producer of quantitative retinal imaging products for glaucoma management and the global market leader in laser scanning tomography.
Heidelberg Engineering is based in Heidelberg, Germany, with a large field office in Carlsbad, California. The company, founded in 1990, wished to grow its presence and the use of its glaucoma management products in the United States through a focused public relations campaign supplemented with tradeshow, advertising, collateral and website support. Heidelberg Engineering desired to enlighten their target audience to the technical benefits and cost advantages of Heidelberg’s products, especially their newest offering, the HRT II (Heidelberg Retina Tomograph) and the HRA (Heidelberg Retina Angiograph). A barrier to this goal was that the optometric and ophthalmic editorial communities in the United States lacked familiarity with the Heidelberg brand name and their exemplary products.
Creative Print Ads
Raise brand awareness of Heidelberg Engineering and its products as the best choice in retinal imaging for glaucoma management.
- Educate the optometry, ophthalmology and news media on the performance and cost benefits of the Heidelberg Engineering suite of glaucoma management products and increase awareness of the Heidelberg Engineering brand.
- Obtain major coverage within the media (including magazine features, product write-ups and contributed articles) serving the optometric and ophthalmology audience.
- Educate the attending media, potential customers and vendors at industry tradeshows through well-timed news releases, informative press kits and press conferences.
- Validate Heidelberg Engineering’s product claims and position in the industry through the placement of articles contributed by third-party reviewers.
- Heidelberg Engineering prominently featured in Review of Ophthalmology’s February 2002 cover story. Heidelberg Engineering’s HRT II product was featured in an industry roundup titled "New Developments In Disc Imaging," along with several competitors. A color image illustrating the HRT II’s 3-D imaging capability appeared on the cover of the magazine and the first page of the roundup article.
- The HRT II is featured in Review of Optometry’s February 15, 2002 issue. The article, titled "HRT II: Sizzle or Substance," features the expert opinions of five well-known O.D.s (Doctors of Optometry) who reviewed the HRT II and its functionality. The doctors responded positively to the products, they were impressed with its usefulness in glaucoma management and its technological prowess. The article also contained two color photographs provided by the agency, one of the HRT II being used in a clinical setting and, the other an illustration of the products 3-D imaging capabilities.
- The Macular Edema Module (a software module for the HRT II) was featured in the December 15, 2001 issue of Review of Optometry in the "Product Review" section. "Getting a Read on Macular Edema," showcases the new software module with a large color photograph of the sample readout from the HRT II using the new module.
- Publication of features and product write-ups within the vision-related media, including EyeWorld, Medical Device Daily, Primary Care Optometry News, VisionCareProducts.com, Ocular Surgery News, Ophthalmology Management, Optometric Physician, and Ophthalmic Surgery and Lasers.